ALSO READChoose right jewellery for your wedding Harper's BAZAAR Bride presents Grand Wedding Expo 'The Couture Wedding Affair' RBI allows 250,000 rupee wedding cash withdrawals after notes ban RBI allows withdrawal of up to 250,000 rupees for wedding expenses India allows 250,000 rupee wedding cash withdrawals after notes ban
One of the most important decisions affecting wedding celebrations is choosing the right wedding venue. From blocking the place at the right time to doing your research properly are some of the factors that one should keep in mind while selecting it, says an expert.
Rahul Arora, Director at Grandreams, a wedding planning service, has shared a few tips that could guide you in covering most of your problems:
* Date: Deciding the date of the event is primarily the first step to realise your plans. Once you are certain, why wait? It is only in the interest of the client, as he is at a better position to negotiate due to low demand.
It is the traditional first-come, first-served policy that is applied by all venues. Once the wedding season is round the corner, the demand rockets consequently turning the tables on negotiation and priority.
* Guest count: Before you choose a venue, you ought to know your guest list. Knowing these numbers helps in setting a realistic budget and sidelines all trivial troubles.
* Research: Make sure your selection is not swayed by a commercial website alone. The best way to do it is to get out there to personally experience various venues, especially during an on-going function so as to get an idea of what to expect.
* Location proximity: Where do you want to get married? The possibilities are endless nowadays. You can have a big traditional wedding in your hometown or an exciting getaway to a fabulous destination for all of your friends and family.
Although destination weddings sound dreamier, a location in reasonable proximity of your friends and family will make sure all your loved ones are present on your big day.
* Food quality and presentation: With a culture as wide as India's, good food is hard to define, thus maintaining a good rapport with the chef from the very beginning can help you bring out more personalised results, so don't shy away from food trials.
* Ambiance: Pay special attention to the existing decor inside the venue. What style is the architecture and what does the building's interior convey? The ambiance alone can have a huge impact on the mood of the event. Get in touch with the florist to discuss the available options and preferences.
Ask for samples. Your taste should reflect on everything you choose. Let them know what you like and dislike from the very beginning to avoid disappointments.
* Valet and parking facilities: We all know Delhi with its mapping and tremendous traffic. The least you can do is provide parking and valet services to ease the process for the hundreds of guests arriving to attend your function. Attention to small details like these can help you build a perfect experience.
* Weather: While farmhouse weddings may have been the trend all along, Delhi's predictable but notorious weather can ruin the best in little or no time. And with the introduction of the concept of luxury banquets, the event does not only become weather-proof but also meets the demand of having a majestic edifice on your special day.
* Professional help and combo-deals: It can be exhausting to get hold of the best of all the required vendors in one event, so what we recommend is to let one professional lead you to another. Search for deals and packages that cover everything from flowers to music to catering, all at your beck and call.
* Budget: Spend money where it counts. We're all Indians here, so we have that mindset to find every place to save money. If practically categorised, there are three kinds of venues that one could choose from, venues in star-category hotels, stand-alone luxury banquets, and open farm-houses with temporary structures.
(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)