ALSO READWhatsApp eyes digital payments space; India could be test bed New vehicles to have digital tags for paying toll Niti Ayog announces incentive schemes to boost digital payments Helpline being set up for digital payments Idea Money launches 'Retailer Assisted Model'; to promote digital payments
All campuses of St. Xavier's College (Autonomous) will transition to a total digital mode of operation starting July, an official said on Monday, stressing that even payments of a rupee would be processed via machines.
"We are 75 per cent digital and now we will complete the rest 25 per cent. Already admission fee was being accepted through digital means, now even library fines will be cashless. Even a rupee of fine would have to be paid through machines," Principal Fr Felix Raj, told IANS.
The same rules would apply to the new St. Xavier's University as well.
"Students would be issued rechargeable prepaid cards to pay for their on-campus activities including canteen transactions. Other options are Paytm, card swiping and net banking," he added.
The 100 per cent cashless mode would officially begin in the forthcoming academic session in July.
(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)