Everyone plans a dine out for special occasions but how about treating your father with some do it yourself home recipes this Father's Day. Make him feel special with some easy recipes that are not only healthy for his body but also hygienic as you are making it yourself and for the most important man in your life.
Experts from Vivanta by Taj in Gurugram, The Gateway Resort Damdama Lake in Gurugram and Pepsico brand Kurkure has come up with some of the easy to make recipes that can be prepared at your home.
* Chilly chatka chaat:
* Ingredients: One pack of extruded corn snack, one onion, one tomato, one cup of shredded cabbage, half cup of curd, half teaspoon red chilli powder, one teaspoon cumin seed, two table spoons table chutney and salt to taste.
* How to prepare: Add a pack of corn snack to the bowl. Add fine slices of onion, cabbage and tomato. Mix it up with curd and tamarind chutney followed by seasoning with red chilli powder, cumin seed and salt. Serve with a piping hot cup of tea!
* Solid masti treat:
* Ingredients: One pack of extruded corn snack, one onion, one tomato, five tablespoons mint sauce and salad leaves to garnish
* How to prepare: Add freshly diced onions and tomatoes to the corn snack, topping it up with mint sauce and salad leaves.
* Barbecue chicken wings:
* Ingredients: 400 gram chicken wings (with skin), half teaspoon brown sugar, half teaspoon cayenne pepper, half teaspoon smoked paprika, half teaspoon crushed black pepper, half teaspoon garlic powder, salt to taste, 50 grams barbecue sauce, 15 grams tomato ketchup, 35 grams honey and Olive oil as required
* How to prepare: Marinate the chicken wings with the dry ingredients. Rub the ingredients well with the wings until nicely seasoned and coated. Bake in a pre-heated oven for 30 minutes until well cooked.Combine the barbecue sauce with the honey, olive oil and ketchup and season with smoked paprika, salt and pepper. Toss the wings in the sauce and bake again for 10 minutes until cooked and bubbly. Serve hot with ranch dressing.
* Braised lamb with potato cornichorn, onion confit and red wine jus ( mixture when the onions are sauted in the pan and red wine is added to it for enhancing flavours)
* Ingredients: 880 grams lamb shanks, 80 ml olive oil, 60 gram chopped garlic, salt to taste 20 gram rose mary, 16 baby onion, 200 grams potato, 40 grams jalapeno, 330 ml fresh creme, 120 ml red wine, 160 grams asparagus
* How to prepare: Marinate lamb shanks with garlic, rose mary , salt and red wine. Keep aside for 30 minutes, peel and boil potato. Roughly mash with hand , Prepare onion confit by slow cooking of onion in oil, Grilled lamb shanks in a hot plate & keep for braising for next 30 mins in a hot poaching liquor
Add fried garlic, jelapeno, onion , salt in hand mash potato. Season Blanched Aspargus well and keep aside. In a plate, place the the potato corni chorne in the centre of plate . Put one lamb shank on top of the potato & rest keep on side of potato. Arrange asparagus. Reduce the natural jus and pour on the lamb garnished with rosemary and onion confit.
(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)