Army Chief Gen Qamar Javed Bajwa
on Friday warned India
of a "response with full force" for ceasefire violations by Indian troops along the Line of Control (LoC), the army's media wing said.
During a visit to the 10 Corps Rawalpindi and troops at forward locations along the LoC, Gen Bajwa said: "Each violation of any kind must be responded to with full force in the most effective manner," the Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) said.
The army chief was briefed on the security situation at the LoC
"in view of recent violations and escalation by Indian troops and Pakistan's own response", the statement said.
Gen Bajwa said India's "aggressive posture" was aimed solely at diverting the world's attention away from "atrocities" being committed by Indian troops in Jammu and Kashmir.
He said the Kashmir issue will have to be resolved in line with United Nations resolutions keeping in view the aspirations of the Kashmiri people in order to achieve lasting regional peace, the ISPR
The army chief appreciated the operational readiness of troops and the "befitting response" given to "unprovoked Indian firing" across the LoC.
Gen Bajwa directed troops to keep the highest level of vigil at all times.
The chief's statements come at a time tensions between Pakistan
are running high following Indian surgical strikes, unrest in Kashmir and the September 18 Uri army base attack.
Since then there have been repeated outbreaks of cross-border firing in Kashmir, with both sides reporting deaths and injuries, including of civilians.