You are here: Home » PTI Stories » National » News
Business Standard

15 injured as gas balloons burst, catch fire in Chandigarh

Press Trust of India  |  Chandigarh 

A bunch of helium balloons released in the air during a function of a private coaching institute here caught fire, injuring 15 persons, including several students, police said today.

The incident took place yesterday evening when the gas- filled balloons got stuck in an electric pole and came in contact with a bulb, an official said.


There was a ball of fire as the into flames, injuring those on the ground.

The were rushed to the Medical College and Hospital (GMCH) in Sector 32 here, where they were provided first aid and discharged.

(Only the headline and picture of this report may have been reworked by the Business Standard staff; the rest of the content is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)

First Published: Mon, October 09 2017. 15:13 IST
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU