You are here: Home » PTI Stories » National » News
Business Standard

2 charred to death in fire at paper box manufacturing unit

Press Trust of India  |  Pune 

Two labourers were charred to death when a fire broke out at a press-cum-box manufacturing unit here today, officials said.

officials received a call about the blaze at in the city's Shivajinagar area around 3 am today.

"Upon reaching the spot, it was found that the fire had broken out inside a press-cum-box manufacturing unit in building," a official said.

"Since the unit was closed, we broke open its shutters," he said.

The bodies of two labourers, who were sleeping inside the unit, were later recovered from the site, the police said.

A lot of materials were lying in the premises because of which the blaze spread rapidly, the official said.

Seven fire tenders were pressed into action to douse the flames, he said, adding that the cooling work was still on.

A short-circuit possibly led to the blaze, but the exact cause was yet to be ascertained, he said.

An investigation was on into the incident.

(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)

First Published: Wed, March 14 2018. 11:05 IST
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU