Five members of a family were killed in a blast due to an LPG cylinder leak at a house in Vidhyadhar Nagar area in Jaipur early today, a police official said. "The fire broke out on the ground floor and spread to the first floor.
Three members of the family sleeping on the ground floor were charred to death, while two on the first floor died due to suffocation," Additional DCP Rajesh Meel said. The deceased were identified as Mahendra Garg (75), Shaurya Garg (25), Animesh Garg (22), Apurva (24) and Arpita (20). "Animesh and Shaurya were on the first floor and died due to suffocation," he said. The fire has been extinguished, he added.
(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)