You are here: Home » PTI Stories » National » News
Business Standard

8 students who inhaled toxic gas shifted to Meerut hospital

Press Trust of India  |  Muzaffarnagar 

Eight students, who fell ill apparently after inhaling emitted by a nearby sugar mill on October 10, were shifted to Meerut's hospital from Shamli district.

Chief Medical Officer (CMO) of Shamli hospital Raj Kumar said the eight girls were shifted to Meerut's medical college for treatment.


Meanwhile, the school remained close for the fouth consecutive day.

An official statement had said some 50 to 60 children were rushed to nearby hospitals for first aid but according to unofficial figures, around 300 had complained of breathing problems, nausea and a burning sensation in their eyes.

Their condition, however, improved gradually, the said, adding that most of them were discharged.

Chief Minister had ordered a probe into the matter by the commissioner of the Saharanpur division under which Shamli falls.

(Only the headline and picture of this report may have been reworked by the Business Standard staff; the rest of the content is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)

First Published: Fri, October 13 2017. 15:22 IST
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU