You are here: Home » PTI Stories » National » News
Business Standard

80-year-old woman dies in fire accident

Press Trust of India  |  Erode 

An 80-year-old woman was today charred to death in a fire that broke out in her thatched hut near here, police said.

The woman, a widow, was living alone in the hut at Pallipalayam.



Neighbours noticed the fire and informed police and fire and rescue services who doused the blaze.

The woman was found charred to death, police said.

They said the octogenarian had placed a mosquito coil below her cot and the bedsheet or her sari could have fallen on the burning coil, resulting in the fire.

(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)

RECOMMENDED FOR YOU

80-year-old woman dies in fire accident

An 80-year-old woman was today charred to death in a fire that broke out in her thatched hut near here, police said. The woman, a widow, was living alone in the hut at Pallipalayam. Neighbours noticed the fire and informed police and fire and rescue services who doused the blaze. The woman was found charred to death, police said. They said the octogenarian had placed a mosquito coil below her cot and the bedsheet or her sari could have fallen on the burning coil, resulting in the fire. An 80-year-old woman was today charred to death in a fire that broke out in her thatched hut near here, police said.

The woman, a widow, was living alone in the hut at Pallipalayam.

Neighbours noticed the fire and informed police and fire and rescue services who doused the blaze.

The woman was found charred to death, police said.

They said the octogenarian had placed a mosquito coil below her cot and the bedsheet or her sari could have fallen on the burning coil, resulting in the fire.

(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)

image
Business Standard
177 22

80-year-old woman dies in fire accident

An 80-year-old woman was today charred to death in a fire that broke out in her thatched hut near here, police said.

The woman, a widow, was living alone in the hut at Pallipalayam.

Neighbours noticed the fire and informed police and fire and rescue services who doused the blaze.

The woman was found charred to death, police said.

They said the octogenarian had placed a mosquito coil below her cot and the bedsheet or her sari could have fallen on the burning coil, resulting in the fire.

(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)

image
Business Standard
177 22

Upgrade To Premium Services

Welcome User

Business Standard is happy to inform you of the launch of "Business Standard Premium Services"

As a premium subscriber you get an across device unfettered access to a range of services which include:

  • Access Exclusive content - articles, features & opinion pieces
  • Weekly Industry/Genre specific newsletters - Choose multiple industries/genres
  • Access to 17 plus years of content archives
  • Set Stock price alerts for your portfolio and watch list and get them delivered to your e-mail box
  • End of day news alerts on 5 companies (via email)
  • NEW: Get seamless access to WSJ.com at a great price. No additional sign-up required.
 

Premium Services

In Partnership with

 

Dear Guest,

 

Welcome to the premium services of Business Standard brought to you courtesy FIS.
Kindly visit the Manage my subscription page to discover the benefits of this programme.

Enjoy Reading!
Team Business Standard