You are here: Home » PTI Stories » National » News
Business Standard

9 lakh senior citizens gave up rail concessions in last 7 months: Govt

Press Trust of India  |  New Delhi 

Over nine lakh senior citizens gave up their railway in passenger fare between July, 2017 to February, 2018, the parliament was informed today.

Minister of State for told the Lok Sabha in a written reply that 9.08 lakh senior citizens have given up 100 per cent of their railway fare under the 'Give Up' scheme, while 8.55 lakh such passengers gave up 50 per cent of their concessions.

The 'Give up' scheme was launched last year to increase the earnings of the railways which in turn is pooled together to meet the revenue expenditure of the national transporter, including development of railway stations, he told the House.

(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)

First Published: Wed, March 14 2018. 16:50 IST
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU