A special court today said it will hear the opinion of the complainant in the 2007 Ajmer dargah blast case before giving its decision on the closure report filed by the National Investigation Agency (NIA) in the case.
After Chisti's remark, the court will decide whether to accept the NIA's closure report or not, special public prosecutor Ashwini Kumar said.
The NIA submitted the closure report on April 3 while giving a clean chit to four persons -- RSS leaderIndresh Kumar,Sadhvi Pragya Rajendra and Ramesh alias Prince saying no evidence was found against them.
The investigating agency also submitted death certificates and postmortem reports of Ramesh Gohil and Jayanti Bhai who died in a Mumbai jail as well as a progress report on the efforts made to trace three absconders -- Suresh Nair, Ramchandra Kalsangra and Sandeep Dange.
The court also asked the NIA to express its displeasure to the chief secretary of Kerala, district collector of Kozhikode and Indore for no response from them over the notices issued by the court seeking details of immovable and movable properties of Suresh Nair and Ramchandra Kalsangra.
"The officers failed to abide by the court notice so the court expressed its dissatisfaction and asked the agency to convey the court's ire over the district collectors and chief secretary failing to respond to court's questions," Kumar said.
Next hearing in the case was decided for April 24.
The court awardedlifeimprisonmentto Bhavesh Patel and Devendra Gupta in the case last month.
Theblaston October 11, 2007 in thedargahof Khawaja Moinuddin Chisti at the time of Iftaar during Ramzan, had left three pilgrims dead and 15 injured.
(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)