You are here: Home » PTI Stories » National » News

Allahabad Bank proposes to raise Rs 500 cr from share sale

State-owned Bank proposes to raise Rs 500 crore from share sale to Qualified Institutional Buyers (QIB) to fund business expansion.

The bank propose to constitute a committee to offer and allot up to such number of equity shares of face value of Rs 10 each for cash aggregating upto Rs 500 crore in one or more tranches to Qualified Institutional Buyers (QIB), Bank said in a regulatory filing on the stock exchanges.

The shares should be offered through Qualified Institutional Placement (QIP) basis in a such a manner that the Government of holding shall continue to hold not less than 52 per cent of the paid up equity capital of the bank, it said.

Meanwhile, the government has made capital infusion of Rs 33 crore, or 75 per cent, of the Rs 44 crore alloted to the bank. The bank expects to get remaining 25 per cent or Rs 11 crore by end of December 2016 or earlier based on performance on certain parameter.

(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)

image
Business Standard
177 22
Business Standard

Allahabad Bank proposes to raise Rs 500 cr from share sale

Press Trust of India  |  New Delhi 

State-owned Bank proposes to raise Rs 500 crore from share sale to Qualified Institutional Buyers (QIB) to fund business expansion.

The bank propose to constitute a committee to offer and allot up to such number of equity shares of face value of Rs 10 each for cash aggregating upto Rs 500 crore in one or more tranches to Qualified Institutional Buyers (QIB), Bank said in a regulatory filing on the stock exchanges.



The shares should be offered through Qualified Institutional Placement (QIP) basis in a such a manner that the Government of holding shall continue to hold not less than 52 per cent of the paid up equity capital of the bank, it said.

Meanwhile, the government has made capital infusion of Rs 33 crore, or 75 per cent, of the Rs 44 crore alloted to the bank. The bank expects to get remaining 25 per cent or Rs 11 crore by end of December 2016 or earlier based on performance on certain parameter.

(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)

RECOMMENDED FOR YOU

Allahabad Bank proposes to raise Rs 500 cr from share sale

State-owned Allahabad Bank proposes to raise Rs 500 crore from share sale to Qualified Institutional Buyers (QIB) to fund business expansion. The bank propose to constitute a committee to offer and allot up to such number of equity shares of face value of Rs 10 each for cash aggregating upto Rs 500 crore in one or more tranches to Qualified Institutional Buyers (QIB), Allahabad Bank said in a regulatory filing on the stock exchanges. The shares should be offered through Qualified Institutional Placement (QIP) basis in a such a manner that the Government of India holding shall continue to hold not less than 52 per cent of the paid up equity capital of the bank, it said. Meanwhile, the government has made capital infusion of Rs 33 crore, or 75 per cent, of the Rs 44 crore alloted to the bank. The bank expects to get remaining 25 per cent or Rs 11 crore by end of December 2016 or earlier based on performance on certain parameter. State-owned Bank proposes to raise Rs 500 crore from share sale to Qualified Institutional Buyers (QIB) to fund business expansion.

The bank propose to constitute a committee to offer and allot up to such number of equity shares of face value of Rs 10 each for cash aggregating upto Rs 500 crore in one or more tranches to Qualified Institutional Buyers (QIB), Bank said in a regulatory filing on the stock exchanges.

The shares should be offered through Qualified Institutional Placement (QIP) basis in a such a manner that the Government of holding shall continue to hold not less than 52 per cent of the paid up equity capital of the bank, it said.

Meanwhile, the government has made capital infusion of Rs 33 crore, or 75 per cent, of the Rs 44 crore alloted to the bank. The bank expects to get remaining 25 per cent or Rs 11 crore by end of December 2016 or earlier based on performance on certain parameter.

(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)

image
Business Standard
177 22

Upgrade To Premium Services

Welcome User

Business Standard is happy to inform you of the launch of "Business Standard Premium Services"

As a premium subscriber you get an across device unfettered access to a range of services which include:

  • Access Exclusive content - articles, features & opinion pieces
  • Weekly Industry/Genre specific newsletters - Choose multiple industries/genres
  • Access to 17 plus years of content archives
  • Set Stock price alerts for your portfolio and watch list and get them delivered to your e-mail box
  • End of day news alerts on 5 companies (via email)
  • NEW: Get seamless access to WSJ.com at a great price. No additional sign-up required.
 

Premium Services

In Partnership with

 

Dear Guest,

 

Welcome to the premium services of Business Standard brought to you courtesy FIS.
Kindly visit the Manage my subscription page to discover the benefits of this programme.

Enjoy Reading!
Team Business Standard