You are here: Home » PTI Stories » National » News
Business Standard

Bhagwat's Kolkata programme to go ahead as proposed: RSS

Press Trust of India  |  New Delhi 

chief Mohan Bhagwat's programme in will go ahead as per schedule, despite the state cancelling permission for the venue citing security reasons, the saffron body said today.

The venue, Mahajati Sadan, had been booked for celebrating the 150th birth anniversary of one of Swami Vivekananda's disciples Sister Nivedita for which the chief had been invited. The booking was cancelled last week.


"We will organise the programme as per schedule on October 3 and have a booked a bigger hall this time to organise it on a larger scale. The state tried to stop it but they did not succeed," Jishnu Basu, the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) General Secretary told PTI.

The state had said the booking was cancelled due to "safety and security reasons" as the auditorium would be under renovation and repair around that time.

A spokesman for the Sister Nivedita 150th Birth Anniversary Celebrations Committee, which had booked Mahajati Sadan for the programme, claimed that the auditorium authorities had accepted the booking in June.

The TMC in the state and BJP are at loggerheads with the latter trying to make inroads into the Mamata Banerjee-led party's bastion.

(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)

First Published: Mon, September 11 2017. 23:02 IST
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU