You are here: Home » PTI Stories » National » News
Business Standard

Blaze guts shops in south Mumbai

Press Trust of India  |  Mumbai 

Fire broke out at few residential and commercial 'galas' (shops) near Opera House in south today, an official said.

However, nobody was injured in the mishap as the occupants of the shops in the Bacchubhai Chowky building were rescued in time.



Fire control room received the call at 4.45 pm, following which its personnel rushed to the spot with 8 fire engines, 7 water tankers and other equipment, an official said.

According to him, the cause of the incident could be known only after enquiry.

He said the fire engulfed the galas--some of which were used for commercial purposes while rest for residential purposes.

The blaze has been put out and cooling operations were underway.

Police tweeted, "#TrafficAlert Fire at Bacchubhai Chowky Bldg, opp silver cinema at VP Rd, Kalbadevi.

(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)

RECOMMENDED FOR YOU

Blaze guts shops in south Mumbai

Fire broke out at few residential and commercial 'galas' (shops) near Opera House in south Mumbai today, an official said. However, nobody was injured in the mishap as the occupants of the shops in the Bacchubhai Chowky building were rescued in time. Fire control room received the call at 4.45 pm, following which its personnel rushed to the spot with 8 fire engines, 7 water tankers and other equipment, an official said. According to him, the cause of the incident could be known only after enquiry. He said the fire engulfed the galas--some of which were used for commercial purposes while rest for residential purposes. The blaze has been put out and cooling operations were underway. Mumbai Police tweeted, "#TrafficAlert Fire at Bacchubhai Chowky Bldg, opp silver cinema at VP Rd, Kalbadevi. Fire broke out at few residential and commercial 'galas' (shops) near Opera House in south today, an official said.

However, nobody was injured in the mishap as the occupants of the shops in the Bacchubhai Chowky building were rescued in time.

Fire control room received the call at 4.45 pm, following which its personnel rushed to the spot with 8 fire engines, 7 water tankers and other equipment, an official said.

According to him, the cause of the incident could be known only after enquiry.

He said the fire engulfed the galas--some of which were used for commercial purposes while rest for residential purposes.

The blaze has been put out and cooling operations were underway.

Police tweeted, "#TrafficAlert Fire at Bacchubhai Chowky Bldg, opp silver cinema at VP Rd, Kalbadevi.

(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)

image
Business Standard
177 22

Blaze guts shops in south Mumbai

Fire broke out at few residential and commercial 'galas' (shops) near Opera House in south today, an official said.

However, nobody was injured in the mishap as the occupants of the shops in the Bacchubhai Chowky building were rescued in time.

Fire control room received the call at 4.45 pm, following which its personnel rushed to the spot with 8 fire engines, 7 water tankers and other equipment, an official said.

According to him, the cause of the incident could be known only after enquiry.

He said the fire engulfed the galas--some of which were used for commercial purposes while rest for residential purposes.

The blaze has been put out and cooling operations were underway.

Police tweeted, "#TrafficAlert Fire at Bacchubhai Chowky Bldg, opp silver cinema at VP Rd, Kalbadevi.

(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)

image
Business Standard
177 22