You are here: Home » PTI Stories » National » News
Business Standard

Boy dies due to electrocution at village fair, 12 injured

Press Trust of India  |  Shahjahanpur (UP) 

A 12-year-old boy died due to electrocution today and 12 others were injured in a village fair near here, police said.

Station House Officer, Katra, Dhananjay Singh said the incident occurred at Philnagar village during a religious fair when a boy while jumping on an inflated bouncer came in contact with an overhead high tension wire and got electrocuted, while a dozen children were injured.

The injured, in the age bracket of 7-12 years, were rushed to the primary health centre from where they were referred to the community health centre for proper treatment.

The owner of the jumping bouncer fled from the spot, Singh said, adding that the body has been sent for postmortem.

(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)

First Published: Wed, May 16 2018. 17:00 IST
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU