A bus from Rajasthan carrying around 40 tourists caught fire here today, but no one was injured, a civic official said. The incident took place when the bus on the busy Godhbunder Road. The fire started in the battery unit of the vehicle.
The driver noticed the blaze and immediately halted the bus near Ovla Naka, where all passengers alighted safely, said Santosh Kadam, chief of the Regional Disaster Management Cell (RDMC) of the Thane Municipal corporation (TMC). Personnel from the Thane fire service and the RDMC rushed to the spot and doused the flames, he said. Around 40 passengers were in the Rajasthan-registered bus, but no one was injured, Kadam said. He said the tourist bus was on its way from Pali in Rajasthan to Pune when the mishap occurred.
(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)