You are here: Home » PTI Stories » National » News

Dengue detection centres inaugurated in city

Three dengue detection centres were inaugurated in the city today and seven more will come up within a month.

Inaugurating the three dengue detection centres in different boroughs, Mayor Sovan Chatterjee said no other city in the country has such a huge infrastructure to fight the disease.

The city will get seven more such centres in as many boroughs within a month, said Member, Mayor-in-Council (health) Atin Ghosh.

These 10 dengue detection centres were being set up at a cost of Rs 3.5 crore, 60 per cent of which was being borne by the National Health Mission.

The state government is bearing the remaining 40 per cent cost, Ghosh said.

The city already has five dengue detection centre, he said adding each of the 15 boroughs of the KMC would have one such centre after the 10 become functional.

(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)

image
Business Standard
177 22
Business Standard

Dengue detection centres inaugurated in city

Press Trust of India  |  Kolkata 

Three dengue detection centres were inaugurated in the city today and seven more will come up within a month.

Inaugurating the three dengue detection centres in different boroughs, Mayor Sovan Chatterjee said no other city in the country has such a huge infrastructure to fight the disease.



The city will get seven more such centres in as many boroughs within a month, said Member, Mayor-in-Council (health) Atin Ghosh.

These 10 dengue detection centres were being set up at a cost of Rs 3.5 crore, 60 per cent of which was being borne by the National Health Mission.

The state government is bearing the remaining 40 per cent cost, Ghosh said.

The city already has five dengue detection centre, he said adding each of the 15 boroughs of the KMC would have one such centre after the 10 become functional.

(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)

RECOMMENDED FOR YOU

Dengue detection centres inaugurated in city

Three dengue detection centres were inaugurated in the city today and seven more will come up within a month. Inaugurating the three dengue detection centres in different boroughs, Mayor Sovan Chatterjee said no other city in the country has such a huge infrastructure to fight the disease. The city will get seven more such centres in as many boroughs within a month, said Member, Mayor-in-Council (health) Atin Ghosh. These 10 dengue detection centres were being set up at a cost of Rs 3.5 crore, 60 per cent of which was being borne by the National Health Mission. The state government is bearing the remaining 40 per cent cost, Ghosh said. The city already has five dengue detection centre, he said adding each of the 15 boroughs of the KMC would have one such centre after the 10 become functional. Three dengue detection centres were inaugurated in the city today and seven more will come up within a month.

Inaugurating the three dengue detection centres in different boroughs, Mayor Sovan Chatterjee said no other city in the country has such a huge infrastructure to fight the disease.

The city will get seven more such centres in as many boroughs within a month, said Member, Mayor-in-Council (health) Atin Ghosh.

These 10 dengue detection centres were being set up at a cost of Rs 3.5 crore, 60 per cent of which was being borne by the National Health Mission.

The state government is bearing the remaining 40 per cent cost, Ghosh said.

The city already has five dengue detection centre, he said adding each of the 15 boroughs of the KMC would have one such centre after the 10 become functional.

(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)

image
Business Standard
177 22

Upgrade To Premium Services

Welcome User

Business Standard is happy to inform you of the launch of "Business Standard Premium Services"

As a premium subscriber you get an across device unfettered access to a range of services which include:

  • Access Exclusive content - articles, features & opinion pieces
  • Weekly Industry/Genre specific newsletters - Choose multiple industries/genres
  • Access to 17 plus years of content archives
  • Set Stock price alerts for your portfolio and watch list and get them delivered to your e-mail box
  • End of day news alerts on 5 companies (via email)
  • NEW: Get seamless access to WSJ.com at a great price. No additional sign-up required.
 

Premium Services

In Partnership with

 

Dear Guest,

 

Welcome to the premium services of Business Standard brought to you courtesy FIS.
Kindly visit the Manage my subscription page to discover the benefits of this programme.

Enjoy Reading!
Team Business Standard