A first year engineering student allegedly committed suicide here, while a man was electrocuted to death in adjoining Greater Noida, police said today.
The girl was studying at Rajasthan's Vanshthali University and was here for an internship. She was staying at a PG in Sector 20 with three other girls, they said.
Last night her roommates had gone out and when they returned they found the girl hanging from the ceiling fan of her room, a police official said.
The girls soon informed the landlord who then called up the police.
The body has been sent for post mortem, the official said, adding the police was still to ascertain the cause behind her death.
He added that the deceased's father, an Uttar Pradesh Police official currently posted in Saharanpur, has been informed.
In the other incident, a man was electrocuted to death at his home at Banjarpur village in Greater Noida.
A high tension wire had fallen on LT line outside his causing spark. The man got an electric shock when he went he touched the fridge at his house, police said.
He died on the spot, an official said.
In another incident in Hindon Vihar area under sector 49 of Noida, a woman attempted suicide by consuming poisonous substance.
She has been admitted at a private hospital where her condition was said to be critical, an official said, adding family problems were reported to be the cause of her move.
(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)