You are here: Home » PTI Stories » National » News
Business Standard

EPC Industrie forms JV with Israel's Top Greenhouses

Press Trust of India  |  New Delhi 

group firm Ltd today said it has formed a joint venture with Israeli company, Top Greenhouses Ltd, to work in protected cultivation industry and provide to Indian market.

will hold 60 per cent stake in with the rest 40 per cent by Top Greenhouses, & said in a BSE filing.

"It is an opportunity for and Top wherein both the partners can draw on the strengths of each other and grow protected cultivation business by providing access of to country at large," EPC said.

With more evident impact of climate change on agriculture, protected cultivation is an important method to raise agricultural productivity in the country, he added.

Protected cultivation helps save crop from the vagaries of nature, reduce water consumption for irrigation and improve yield multiple fold, the company said.

"The business will now be able to grow and cater to the needs of millions of farmers, research institutes and corporates in India," Sharma added.

(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)

First Published: Tue, May 15 2018. 18:30 IST
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU