You are here: Home » PTI Stories » National » News
Business Standard

Ex-CIA analyst rejects Turkish claims of involvement in coup

AP  |  Istanbul 

A retired CIA analyst has dismissed Turkish accusations that he was involved in last year's failed coup, saying he was a "choice target" following a warrant for his detention.

Graham Fuller, an ex-vice chairman of the CIA's National Intelligence Council, told The Associated Press he was accused of being the "CIA handler" of a US-based Muslim cleric.


Turkey blames Fethullah Gulen for the 2016 coup attempt, but the cleric denies the allegations.

In an emailed statement late yesterday, Fuller dismissed claims he was in Turkey "directing the coup attempt." He said he was speaking to a group of 100 people in that night.

Turkey's official agency said yesterday prosecutors suspect Fuller of being in contact with people who have been accused of participating in the coup attempt.

(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)

First Published: Sat, December 02 2017. 17:35 IST
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU