You are here: Home » PTI Stories » National » News
Business Standard

Five electrocuted in MP village

Press Trust of India  |  Guna (MP) 

Five persons today died of electrocution when they climbed down into a well to pull out a defective electric motor pump for repairing in Madhya Pradesh's Raghunathpura village, police said.

The incident occurred at around 3 PM when two persons went down into the well to remove the electric motor pump but they were electrocuted when they came in contact with it. To rescue them, three more persons got down into the well but they too were electrocuted, Guna Superintendent of Police (SP) Avinash Singh said.

The deceased have been identified as Pahchan Singh (30), Rambabu (20), Chhotelal (25), Jagmohan Singh (22) and Dayaram (35).

A case has been registered and probe is on, Singh said, adding the bodies have been sent for post mortem.

(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)

First Published: Sun, July 16 2017. 20:48 IST