You are here: Home » Companies » Results
Business Standard

Foodpanda India's 2015-16 loss widens 4-fold to Rs 143 cr

But, the company's revenue rose around eight-fold to Rs 37.81 crore as against Rs 4.7 crore in 2014-15

Press Trust of India  |  New Delhi 

Foodpanda India's 2015-16 loss widens 4-fold to Rs 143 cr

India, an online marketplace for food delivery, on Friday, reported a nearly four-fold widening of loss to Rs 142.6 crore for 2015-16 on account of higher investments in technology, delivery and marketing.

The company had logged a loss of Rs 36 crore in 2014-15, the Rocket Internet-backed said in a statement.

"The losses are on account of higher investments in technology, delivery and marketing. We are running our services at operational profitability since February 2015," a company spokesperson told PTI.

However, the company's rose around eight-fold to Rs 37.81 crore as against Rs 4.7 crore in 2014-15, the company said.

The growth can be attributed to strong order growth in key markets and increase in commission. With continued focus on achieving 100 per cent automation, the aim is to turn profitable by 2018-19, said.

"We are extremely happy with our performance in 2015-16. We have not only registered 800 per cent growth but also become operationally profitable in both our business lines — marketplace and delivery," Co-Founder and CEO Saurabh Kochhar said.

This furthers the company's position as pioneer and market leader in the online food delivery space, he claimed.

At present, 40 per cent of the orders is delivered by delivery services and the rest 60 per cent by restaurants. This is a jump from December 2015 when only 25 per cent of the orders were delivered by delivery services, the company said.

RECOMMENDED FOR YOU

Foodpanda India's 2015-16 loss widens 4-fold to Rs 143 cr

But, the company's revenue rose around eight-fold to Rs 37.81 crore as against Rs 4.7 crore in 2014-15

But, the company's revenue rose around eight-fold to Rs 37.81 crore as against Rs 4.7 crore in 2014-15
India, an online marketplace for food delivery, on Friday, reported a nearly four-fold widening of loss to Rs 142.6 crore for 2015-16 on account of higher investments in technology, delivery and marketing.

The company had logged a loss of Rs 36 crore in 2014-15, the Rocket Internet-backed said in a statement.

"The losses are on account of higher investments in technology, delivery and marketing. We are running our services at operational profitability since February 2015," a company spokesperson told PTI.

However, the company's rose around eight-fold to Rs 37.81 crore as against Rs 4.7 crore in 2014-15, the company said.

The growth can be attributed to strong order growth in key markets and increase in commission. With continued focus on achieving 100 per cent automation, the aim is to turn profitable by 2018-19, said.

"We are extremely happy with our performance in 2015-16. We have not only registered 800 per cent growth but also become operationally profitable in both our business lines — marketplace and delivery," Co-Founder and CEO Saurabh Kochhar said.

This furthers the company's position as pioneer and market leader in the online food delivery space, he claimed.

At present, 40 per cent of the orders is delivered by delivery services and the rest 60 per cent by restaurants. This is a jump from December 2015 when only 25 per cent of the orders were delivered by delivery services, the company said.
image
Business Standard
177 22

Foodpanda India's 2015-16 loss widens 4-fold to Rs 143 cr

But, the company's revenue rose around eight-fold to Rs 37.81 crore as against Rs 4.7 crore in 2014-15

India, an online marketplace for food delivery, on Friday, reported a nearly four-fold widening of loss to Rs 142.6 crore for 2015-16 on account of higher investments in technology, delivery and marketing.

The company had logged a loss of Rs 36 crore in 2014-15, the Rocket Internet-backed said in a statement.

"The losses are on account of higher investments in technology, delivery and marketing. We are running our services at operational profitability since February 2015," a company spokesperson told PTI.

However, the company's rose around eight-fold to Rs 37.81 crore as against Rs 4.7 crore in 2014-15, the company said.

The growth can be attributed to strong order growth in key markets and increase in commission. With continued focus on achieving 100 per cent automation, the aim is to turn profitable by 2018-19, said.

"We are extremely happy with our performance in 2015-16. We have not only registered 800 per cent growth but also become operationally profitable in both our business lines — marketplace and delivery," Co-Founder and CEO Saurabh Kochhar said.

This furthers the company's position as pioneer and market leader in the online food delivery space, he claimed.

At present, 40 per cent of the orders is delivered by delivery services and the rest 60 per cent by restaurants. This is a jump from December 2015 when only 25 per cent of the orders were delivered by delivery services, the company said.

image
Business Standard
177 22

Upgrade To Premium Services

Welcome User

Business Standard is happy to inform you of the launch of "Business Standard Premium Services"

As a premium subscriber you get an across device unfettered access to a range of services which include:

  • Access Exclusive content - articles, features & opinion pieces
  • Weekly Industry/Genre specific newsletters - Choose multiple industries/genres
  • Access to 17 plus years of content archives
  • Set Stock price alerts for your portfolio and watch list and get them delivered to your e-mail box
  • End of day news alerts on 5 companies (via email)
  • NEW: Get seamless access to WSJ.com at a great price. No additional sign-up required.
 

Premium Services

In Partnership with

 

Dear Guest,

 

Welcome to the premium services of Business Standard brought to you courtesy FIS.
Kindly visit the Manage my subscription page to discover the benefits of this programme.

Enjoy Reading!
Team Business Standard