The house of former MLA of Rongjeng, Desang Sangma, in East Garo Hills was completely gutted in a fire today, police said.
The incident took place at about 6:15 pm, they said.
Superintendent of police of EGH, Ringrang TG Momin. said preliminary investigation reveals that the fire could be due to the short circuit in the house.
By the time the Fire and Emergency Services got to the place, most of the damage had already been done and the fire had burnt out its normal course, he said.
(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)