You are here: Home » PTI Stories » National » News
Business Standard

Four jail inmates suffer burn injuries in fire

Press Trust of India  |  Jodhpur 

Four inmates of Central Jail sustained burn injuries today in a fire that broke out in the kitchen, a jail official said.

"Some prisoners were preparing breakfast in the kitchen of the jail as usual at about 7.00 am. Suddenly, fire broke out in the gas cylinder with a loud burst, which created a panic situation in the jail," he said.

Four prisoners, who were close to the cylinder, suffered burn injuries, he added.

"We rushed them to the jail dispensary first, where two were provided with the required treatment. But two others identified as Manaram and Kamal were referred to the MG Hospital, where they have been admitted to the burn unit," the official said.

Fire, however, was controlled with the help of other prisoners immediately, due to which, a major damage could be averted, the official said.

(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)

First Published: Tue, October 18 2016. 21:07 IST