You are here: Home » PTI Stories » International » News
Business Standard

Four killed in market explosion in Afghanistan: officials

AFP  |  Khost 

Four people were killed and 14 others wounded in an at a mobile phone market in southeastern today, officials said.

"The blast happened at around noon in a market where people go to download music and videos to their mobile phones," Khost provincial police chief Faizullah Khairat told AFP.


There was no immediate claim of responsibility for the attack but the volatile province bordering is contested by the

Music was one of the many forms of entertainment banned during the Taliban's 1996-2001 rule and the militants have previously attacked such markets.

Khairat said the was caused by a "remote controlled bomb".

Khost health department director Habib Shah Ansari confirmed four people had been killed and said "over a dozen wounded" had been taken to hospitals in the provincial capital of the same name.

security forces have been struggling to beat back a resurgent since US-led forces ended their combat mission in 2014.

(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)

First Published: Sun, September 17 2017. 15:22 IST
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU