You are here: Home » PTI Stories » National » News
Business Standard

Gas leak causes explosion in cold storage; several trapped

Press Trust of India  |  Kanpur 

Four people were today injured and several others were feared trapped after a gas leak in a cold storage in Shivrajpur area here caused an in which parts of the structure collapsed.

According to SP (Rural) Rajesh Kumar, the gas leak started at the Katiyar Cold Storage in the afternoon. In the resulting explosion, the roof of the structure collapsed.


Several people are feared trapped in the debris, and the fire brigade personnel were carrying out rescue and relief operations, Kumar said.

The four people who suffered injuries have been taken to hospital.

The hospital has also been put on alert as the number of those injured is expected to rise.

(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)

First Published: Wed, March 15 2017. 14:13 IST
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU