You are here: Home » PTI Stories » National » News
Business Standard

Godown storing shoes gutted in fire in Jammu

Press Trust of India  |  Jammu 

A big godown, where shoes worth crores of rupees were stored, have been gutted in a fire in winter capital city, police said today.

The fire broke out due to short circuit in three-storied godown in the Canal Road area of city last evening, resulting in the gutting of shoes worth crores of rupees, they said today.

Over a dozen of fire tenders were pressed into service to extinguish the fire, they said, adding that the fire was prevented from spreading to the neighbouring areas.

(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)

First Published: Wed, May 16 2018. 19:15 IST
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU