You are here: Home » PTI Stories » National » News
Business Standard

Indian-origin boy dies during indoor game in UK

Press Trust of India  |  London 

An eight-year-old Indian-origin boy died from internal injuries when a teenager accidentally fell over him during an indoor game of laser tag in Leicester.

Aryan Patel died after the larger boy landed on him at Megazone Laser Tag in the city in the Midlands region of in April.



An inquest into the death earlier this week concluded Aryan's death in April was accidental.

Following the inquest, Aryan's father, 45-year-old IT worker Rajendra Patel, who went to his son's aid during the incident said, "We have lost a loved one who can never be replaced and will never be forgotten."

"We bare no animosity towards the person who collided with Aryan and commend him for staying behind and providing his details. What he said in the hearing has set our minds at rest. We would like him to try to forget this incident and move forward in his life," he added.

The teenager told Leicester Coroner's he did not realise Aryan was there because of his slight build and the poor lighting in the room.

Aryan, who was very small for his age, was groaning and appeared to be having a fit as he was carried to the arena's reception after the collision with the other player and was taken to Leicester Royal Infirmary.

He died nearly an hour after arriving at hospital from a liver injury and subsequent blood loss.

Leicester City Council told the it will be taking no action against Megazone because it was satisfied with the company's health and safety procedures.

"We are bitterly disappointed that Megazone and the Leicester City Council have not looked at implementing changes into how players are more suitably grouped," the Patel family said.

"We would have hoped that Megazone would have taken this unfortunate incident to ensure that no other family will have to go through the pain and anguish that we are going through now and in years to come," the family statement said.

(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)

RECOMMENDED FOR YOU

Indian-origin boy dies during indoor game in UK

An eight-year-old Indian-origin boy died from internal injuries when a teenager accidentally fell over him during an indoor game of laser tag in Leicester. Aryan Patel died after the larger boy landed on him at Megazone Laser Tag in the city in the Midlands region of England in April. An inquest into the death earlier this week concluded Aryan's death in April was accidental. Following the inquest, Aryan's father, 45-year-old IT worker Rajendra Patel, who went to his son's aid during the incident said, "We have lost a loved one who can never be replaced and will never be forgotten." "We bare no animosity towards the person who collided with Aryan and commend him for staying behind and providing his details. What he said in the hearing has set our minds at rest. We would like him to try to forget this incident and move forward in his life," he added. The teenager told Leicester Coroner's Court he did not realise Aryan was there because of his slight build and the poor lighting in ... An eight-year-old Indian-origin boy died from internal injuries when a teenager accidentally fell over him during an indoor game of laser tag in Leicester.

Aryan Patel died after the larger boy landed on him at Megazone Laser Tag in the city in the Midlands region of in April.

An inquest into the death earlier this week concluded Aryan's death in April was accidental.

Following the inquest, Aryan's father, 45-year-old IT worker Rajendra Patel, who went to his son's aid during the incident said, "We have lost a loved one who can never be replaced and will never be forgotten."

"We bare no animosity towards the person who collided with Aryan and commend him for staying behind and providing his details. What he said in the hearing has set our minds at rest. We would like him to try to forget this incident and move forward in his life," he added.

The teenager told Leicester Coroner's he did not realise Aryan was there because of his slight build and the poor lighting in the room.

Aryan, who was very small for his age, was groaning and appeared to be having a fit as he was carried to the arena's reception after the collision with the other player and was taken to Leicester Royal Infirmary.

He died nearly an hour after arriving at hospital from a liver injury and subsequent blood loss.

Leicester City Council told the it will be taking no action against Megazone because it was satisfied with the company's health and safety procedures.

"We are bitterly disappointed that Megazone and the Leicester City Council have not looked at implementing changes into how players are more suitably grouped," the Patel family said.

"We would have hoped that Megazone would have taken this unfortunate incident to ensure that no other family will have to go through the pain and anguish that we are going through now and in years to come," the family statement said.

(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)

image
Business Standard
177 22

Indian-origin boy dies during indoor game in UK

An eight-year-old Indian-origin boy died from internal injuries when a teenager accidentally fell over him during an indoor game of laser tag in Leicester.

Aryan Patel died after the larger boy landed on him at Megazone Laser Tag in the city in the Midlands region of in April.

An inquest into the death earlier this week concluded Aryan's death in April was accidental.

Following the inquest, Aryan's father, 45-year-old IT worker Rajendra Patel, who went to his son's aid during the incident said, "We have lost a loved one who can never be replaced and will never be forgotten."

"We bare no animosity towards the person who collided with Aryan and commend him for staying behind and providing his details. What he said in the hearing has set our minds at rest. We would like him to try to forget this incident and move forward in his life," he added.

The teenager told Leicester Coroner's he did not realise Aryan was there because of his slight build and the poor lighting in the room.

Aryan, who was very small for his age, was groaning and appeared to be having a fit as he was carried to the arena's reception after the collision with the other player and was taken to Leicester Royal Infirmary.

He died nearly an hour after arriving at hospital from a liver injury and subsequent blood loss.

Leicester City Council told the it will be taking no action against Megazone because it was satisfied with the company's health and safety procedures.

"We are bitterly disappointed that Megazone and the Leicester City Council have not looked at implementing changes into how players are more suitably grouped," the Patel family said.

"We would have hoped that Megazone would have taken this unfortunate incident to ensure that no other family will have to go through the pain and anguish that we are going through now and in years to come," the family statement said.

(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)

image
Business Standard
177 22

Upgrade To Premium Services

Welcome User

Business Standard is happy to inform you of the launch of "Business Standard Premium Services"

As a premium subscriber you get an across device unfettered access to a range of services which include:

  • Access Exclusive content - articles, features & opinion pieces
  • Weekly Industry/Genre specific newsletters - Choose multiple industries/genres
  • Access to 17 plus years of content archives
  • Set Stock price alerts for your portfolio and watch list and get them delivered to your e-mail box
  • End of day news alerts on 5 companies (via email)
  • NEW: Get seamless access to WSJ.com at a great price. No additional sign-up required.
 

Premium Services

In Partnership with

 

Dear Guest,

 

Welcome to the premium services of Business Standard brought to you courtesy FIS.
Kindly visit the Manage my subscription page to discover the benefits of this programme.

Enjoy Reading!
Team Business Standard