The Centre today reviewed the security situation in the national capital and neighbouring states in the wake of Jats threatening to lay seize to the city next week, pressing their demands for quota.
He instructed the officials to ensure peace and prevent attempts to disrupt normal life during the protests, official sources said.
Akhli Bhartiya Jat Arakashan Sangharsh Samiti had on March 2 threatened to lay seize to the city from March 20 if their demands for reservation in education and jobs were not met.
Samiti president Yashpal Malik had said the Jats riding their tractors and small vehicles, and carrying at least 10-day ration will march towards Delhi on the highways from the neighbouring states.
"If stopped by the police during the 'Delhi Kooch', the Jats would lay siege and block all the major highways leading to the national capital," he had said, adding that the protesters will camp at the borders of Delhi and later gherao the Parliament.
Jats are demanding reservation in government jobs and educational institutions, besides withdrawing of criminal cases registered against several youths of the community, release of those lodged in jail, compensation and government jobs to the next of kin of those killed in last year's agitation.
(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)