Ajay Devgn Films (ADF) has filed a complaint in The Competition Commission Of India (CCI) alleging that Yash Raj Films (YRF), headed by the legendary filmmaker, had used its dominant position following which Devgn's movie is not finding enough single screen theatres for his film's exhibition.
The 43-year-old actor said that he had filed the notice much before the demise of Yash Chopra (October 21).
"I had filed the complaint much before the demise of Yash Chopra. When this happened I was like people are going to target me and nobody is going to understand my point of view... I was a villain on both sides. I couldn't withdraw it (notice) from the Competition Commission... It is not a normal court," Ajay told PTI.
"I respected Yashji as much anybody else does. We have grown up watching his films," he added.
Both are awaited movies of the year, given the fact that 'JTHJ' is late filmmaker Chopra's last directorial before his sudden death last month, marking the union of Chopra with powerbrand Shah Rukh Khan after eight years, and 'SoS' is ADF's trademark Diwali entertainer high on comic expectations.
Ajay claims that YRF has 'armtwisted' exhibitors to dedicate more screens to 'JTHJ', than his 'SoS', both which are up for release on November 13.
He insists that he has been fighting for his right and asking only for a fair view on the matter.
"I am fighting for my right. I am not asking anyone to stop the release of a film, I am not asking for compensation, I am asking them to be fair," he said.
"I want both the films to do well. Even by filing this I don't think I have done anything that will harm anyone. If I lose then it won't be my benefit but if I win also it won't be a loss to anyone," he added. (MORE)