You are here: Home » PTI Stories » National » News
Business Standard

Maha hikes financial aid to kin of martyred soldiers

Press Trust of India  |  Mumbai 

today decided to hike the financial assistance given to families of soldiers who are martyred or handicapped during war, war-like situations, encounters and overseas peace campaigns.

A resolution (GR) by the General Administration Department (GAD) said the existing aid of Rs 5 lakh has been increased to Rs 8 lakh with effect from April 1 2016.



For the next five years, the amount will be increased up-to Rs 10 lakh, it added.

In 2016-17, the financial assistance to the kin of martyred soldiers will be Rs 8 lakh, in 2017-18, the amount would be increased to Rs 8.5 lakh, in 2018-19 the amount would be Rs 9 lakh, in 2019-20 the amount would be Rs 9.5 lakh and in 2020-21 it would be Rs 10 lakh, said the GR.

The GR said it would be one time payment for next of kith and kin of the martyred soldiers.

In the case of soldiers handicapped, the financial aid was Rs one lakh in case of 20 to 49 percent disability and Rs three lakh if disability was more than 50.Percent

The financial assistance to be given to the disabled soldier will be Rs 1.25 lakh for 20 to 49 percent disability and Rs 4 lakh for more than 50 percent disability.

"The amount will increased by Rs 50,000 every year and for 2020-21 the amount will be Rs 2.25 lakh for 20 to 49 percent disability and Rs 6 lakh for disability of 50 percent and more," the GR said.

It also said 20 percent amount will be given from grants and remaining 80 percent will be given from Chief Minister (Kargil) Fund and interest of Rs 42.21 crore invested in nationalised.Banks.

(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)

RECOMMENDED FOR YOU

Maha hikes financial aid to kin of martyred soldiers

Maharashtra government today decided to hike the financial assistance given to families of soldiers who are martyred or handicapped during war, war-like situations, encounters and overseas peace campaigns. A government resolution (GR) by the General Administration Department (GAD) said the existing aid of Rs 5 lakh has been increased to Rs 8 lakh with effect from April 1 2016. For the next five years, the amount will be increased up-to Rs 10 lakh, it added. In 2016-17, the financial assistance to the kin of martyred soldiers will be Rs 8 lakh, in 2017-18, the amount would be increased to Rs 8.5 lakh, in 2018-19 the amount would be Rs 9 lakh, in 2019-20 the amount would be Rs 9.5 lakh and in 2020-21 it would be Rs 10 lakh, said the GR. The GR said it would be one time payment for next of kith and kin of the martyred soldiers. In the case of soldiers handicapped, the financial aid was Rs one lakh in case of 20 to 49 percent disability and Rs three lakh if disability was more than ... today decided to hike the financial assistance given to families of soldiers who are martyred or handicapped during war, war-like situations, encounters and overseas peace campaigns.

A resolution (GR) by the General Administration Department (GAD) said the existing aid of Rs 5 lakh has been increased to Rs 8 lakh with effect from April 1 2016.

For the next five years, the amount will be increased up-to Rs 10 lakh, it added.

In 2016-17, the financial assistance to the kin of martyred soldiers will be Rs 8 lakh, in 2017-18, the amount would be increased to Rs 8.5 lakh, in 2018-19 the amount would be Rs 9 lakh, in 2019-20 the amount would be Rs 9.5 lakh and in 2020-21 it would be Rs 10 lakh, said the GR.

The GR said it would be one time payment for next of kith and kin of the martyred soldiers.

In the case of soldiers handicapped, the financial aid was Rs one lakh in case of 20 to 49 percent disability and Rs three lakh if disability was more than 50.Percent

The financial assistance to be given to the disabled soldier will be Rs 1.25 lakh for 20 to 49 percent disability and Rs 4 lakh for more than 50 percent disability.

"The amount will increased by Rs 50,000 every year and for 2020-21 the amount will be Rs 2.25 lakh for 20 to 49 percent disability and Rs 6 lakh for disability of 50 percent and more," the GR said.

It also said 20 percent amount will be given from grants and remaining 80 percent will be given from Chief Minister (Kargil) Fund and interest of Rs 42.21 crore invested in nationalised.Banks.

(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)

image
Business Standard
177 22

Maha hikes financial aid to kin of martyred soldiers

today decided to hike the financial assistance given to families of soldiers who are martyred or handicapped during war, war-like situations, encounters and overseas peace campaigns.

A resolution (GR) by the General Administration Department (GAD) said the existing aid of Rs 5 lakh has been increased to Rs 8 lakh with effect from April 1 2016.

For the next five years, the amount will be increased up-to Rs 10 lakh, it added.

In 2016-17, the financial assistance to the kin of martyred soldiers will be Rs 8 lakh, in 2017-18, the amount would be increased to Rs 8.5 lakh, in 2018-19 the amount would be Rs 9 lakh, in 2019-20 the amount would be Rs 9.5 lakh and in 2020-21 it would be Rs 10 lakh, said the GR.

The GR said it would be one time payment for next of kith and kin of the martyred soldiers.

In the case of soldiers handicapped, the financial aid was Rs one lakh in case of 20 to 49 percent disability and Rs three lakh if disability was more than 50.Percent

The financial assistance to be given to the disabled soldier will be Rs 1.25 lakh for 20 to 49 percent disability and Rs 4 lakh for more than 50 percent disability.

"The amount will increased by Rs 50,000 every year and for 2020-21 the amount will be Rs 2.25 lakh for 20 to 49 percent disability and Rs 6 lakh for disability of 50 percent and more," the GR said.

It also said 20 percent amount will be given from grants and remaining 80 percent will be given from Chief Minister (Kargil) Fund and interest of Rs 42.21 crore invested in nationalised.Banks.

(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)

image
Business Standard
177 22

Upgrade To Premium Services

Welcome User

Business Standard is happy to inform you of the launch of "Business Standard Premium Services"

As a premium subscriber you get an across device unfettered access to a range of services which include:

  • Access Exclusive content - articles, features & opinion pieces
  • Weekly Industry/Genre specific newsletters - Choose multiple industries/genres
  • Access to 17 plus years of content archives
  • Set Stock price alerts for your portfolio and watch list and get them delivered to your e-mail box
  • End of day news alerts on 5 companies (via email)
  • NEW: Get seamless access to WSJ.com at a great price. No additional sign-up required.
 

Premium Services

In Partnership with

 

Dear Guest,

 

Welcome to the premium services of Business Standard brought to you courtesy FIS.
Kindly visit the Manage my subscription page to discover the benefits of this programme.

Enjoy Reading!
Team Business Standard