A 25-year-old man allegedly committed suicide by consuming poisonous substance at his room in a lodge here, police said today.
Shubham Nemade, a resident of Nimbari in Malkapur tehsil of the district, was found dead inside his lodge room yesterday, they said.
It is still not known why the man took the extreme step, said police.
According to a Bazarpeth police personnel, the man had booked the room on Friday.
The body has been sent for postmortem and police has registered a case of accidental death in connection with the incident.
(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)