You are here: Home » PTI Stories » National » News
Business Standard

Man, son electrocuted in UP's Badaun

Press Trust of India  |  Badaun 

A 55-year-old and his son were electrocuted after coming in contact with a high tension wire here, police said today.

Two other sons of the deceased also sustained serious injuries.

The incident took place last evening in Gayutiya village when Mahaveer along with his three sons Subhash (18), Rahul (14) and Tinku (25) were boring the ground for installing a hand-pump.

When they tried taking out an iron rod after boring, it came in contact with an overhead high tension electricity wire, Superintendent of Police Kamal Kishore said.

Their family members rushed to the spot after hearing their cries and asked the power sub-station to immediately switch off the power supply, he said.

"They were taken to the community health centre where Mahaveer and Subhash were declared brought dead. Tinku and Rahul, who were in a critical condition, were referred to the district hospital," the SP said.

(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)

First Published: Tue, July 11 2017. 15:48 IST