A 45-year-old media professional, who was injured after sustaining a severe cut on her neck due to manja (kite string)on Wednesday, succumbed to her injuries today, police said. According to police, Suvarna Mujumdar, who worked in the marketing department of a Marathi daily, was returning home from work when she was grievously injured by the nylon kite string near Shaniwarwada. "We have registered a case under 304 (culpable homicide not amounting to murder) of the IPC against unidentified persons," said a police officer. Following the incident, police have started a drive against the sale of nylon kite string as it was banned by the National Green Tribunal in 2007.
(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)