A minor fire broke out at the Sri Athi Kumbeswarar temple here today, police said.
It was immediately put out by the temple staff, they said.
There was no damage to property and no one was injured.
The fire was caused by an LPG gas cylinder leak in the temple premises, police said.
A preliminary probe has revealed that the February 2 fire broke out due to an electrical short-circuit in one of the shops situated near the 1,000-pillar hall.
Following the blaze, the state government has directed holding of safety audits of big temples in the state.
(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)