A mother and her son were today electrocuted after they came in contact with a live wire in Machinenipalem village of Vathsvai mandal in Krishna district, police said.
The deceased have been identified as B Indra Rani (55) and B Vasu (30), police said.
The incident took place when Indra Rani was arranging clothes on a wire and it came in contact with a power supply cable leading to an electric shock, said police.
The son died while trying to rescue his mother, they said.
A case has been registered in Vathsavai police station.
(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)