You are here: Home » PTI Stories » National » News
Business Standard

Mother, son electrocuted to death

Press Trust of India  |  Jaipur 

A woman and her 13-year-old son today allegedly died due to electrocution in Dhada Fatehpura village of Rajasthan's Jhunjhunu district, police said.

The incident occurred when the woman turned on the switch of an electrical appliance. There was a short circuit in the switch board and she was electrocuted, they said.


Her son was electrocuted when he tried to save his mother, SHO Khetri Hardayal Singh said, adding after the short circuit the board caught fire.

Santosh Devi Rajput (32) and Mohit Rajput died in the incident.

The police has lodged a case in the matter. Devi's husband works as a taxi driver.

(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)

First Published: Mon, April 17 2017. 16:42 IST
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU