You are here: Home » PTI Stories » National » News
Business Standard

National manufacturing policy aims to provide 100 mn new jobs

Press Trust of India  |  Mumbai 

The national manufacturing policy aims to provide 100 million jobs, out of which 25 per cent new positions will be hi-tech and the remaining 75 per cent will be medium tech, a senior official said here.

"The national manufacturing policy aims to provide 100 million jobs, out of which 25 per cent new jobs will be hi-tech and the remaining 75 per cent will be medium tech," Department of Heavy Industry Secretary Girish Shankar said here.



"Currently 80% of the present jobs are low tech and in the capital goods sector alone, we have the challenge of training an additional 5 million into medium and hi-tech skill sets," said the official.

After inaugurating the 10th edition of WIN trade fair for manufacturing, logistics, warehousing, factory and heavy engineering here, Shankar said, for this we have set up the capital goods skill development council which provides the framework and skill standards for these jobs.

"Under the new capital goods scheme, we are going to set up 5 mega skill training centres in different regions of the country which will provide the necessary knowledge content.

"The council enlists and certifies training institutions which are being proposed on an entrepreneurship model, and in some cases DHI will also provide grants to create training capacities. This should create the framework to substantially share the load to train 5 million workers in the next 5 years," Shankar said.

The trade fair also saw participation from 10 countries like Germany, China, Italy, India, Netherlands, South Korea, Spain, Taiwan, UAE and USA.

(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)

RECOMMENDED FOR YOU

National manufacturing policy aims to provide 100 mn new jobs

The national manufacturing policy aims to provide 100 million jobs, out of which 25 per cent new positions will be hi-tech and the remaining 75 per cent will be medium tech, a senior government official said here. "The national manufacturing policy aims to provide 100 million jobs, out of which 25 per cent new jobs will be hi-tech and the remaining 75 per cent will be medium tech," Department of Heavy Industry Secretary Girish Shankar said here. "Currently 80% of the present jobs are low tech and in the capital goods sector alone, we have the challenge of training an additional 5 million into medium and hi-tech skill sets," said the official. After inaugurating the 10th edition of WIN INDIA trade fair for manufacturing, logistics, warehousing, factory automation and heavy engineering here, Shankar said, for this we have set up the capital goods skill development council which provides the framework and skill standards for these jobs. "Under the new capital goods scheme, we are ... The national manufacturing policy aims to provide 100 million jobs, out of which 25 per cent new positions will be hi-tech and the remaining 75 per cent will be medium tech, a senior official said here.

"The national manufacturing policy aims to provide 100 million jobs, out of which 25 per cent new jobs will be hi-tech and the remaining 75 per cent will be medium tech," Department of Heavy Industry Secretary Girish Shankar said here.

"Currently 80% of the present jobs are low tech and in the capital goods sector alone, we have the challenge of training an additional 5 million into medium and hi-tech skill sets," said the official.

After inaugurating the 10th edition of WIN trade fair for manufacturing, logistics, warehousing, factory and heavy engineering here, Shankar said, for this we have set up the capital goods skill development council which provides the framework and skill standards for these jobs.

"Under the new capital goods scheme, we are going to set up 5 mega skill training centres in different regions of the country which will provide the necessary knowledge content.

"The council enlists and certifies training institutions which are being proposed on an entrepreneurship model, and in some cases DHI will also provide grants to create training capacities. This should create the framework to substantially share the load to train 5 million workers in the next 5 years," Shankar said.

The trade fair also saw participation from 10 countries like Germany, China, Italy, India, Netherlands, South Korea, Spain, Taiwan, UAE and USA.

(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)

image
Business Standard
177 22

National manufacturing policy aims to provide 100 mn new jobs

The national manufacturing policy aims to provide 100 million jobs, out of which 25 per cent new positions will be hi-tech and the remaining 75 per cent will be medium tech, a senior official said here.

"The national manufacturing policy aims to provide 100 million jobs, out of which 25 per cent new jobs will be hi-tech and the remaining 75 per cent will be medium tech," Department of Heavy Industry Secretary Girish Shankar said here.

"Currently 80% of the present jobs are low tech and in the capital goods sector alone, we have the challenge of training an additional 5 million into medium and hi-tech skill sets," said the official.

After inaugurating the 10th edition of WIN trade fair for manufacturing, logistics, warehousing, factory and heavy engineering here, Shankar said, for this we have set up the capital goods skill development council which provides the framework and skill standards for these jobs.

"Under the new capital goods scheme, we are going to set up 5 mega skill training centres in different regions of the country which will provide the necessary knowledge content.

"The council enlists and certifies training institutions which are being proposed on an entrepreneurship model, and in some cases DHI will also provide grants to create training capacities. This should create the framework to substantially share the load to train 5 million workers in the next 5 years," Shankar said.

The trade fair also saw participation from 10 countries like Germany, China, Italy, India, Netherlands, South Korea, Spain, Taiwan, UAE and USA.

(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)

image
Business Standard
177 22

Upgrade To Premium Services

Welcome User

Business Standard is happy to inform you of the launch of "Business Standard Premium Services"

As a premium subscriber you get an across device unfettered access to a range of services which include:

  • Access Exclusive content - articles, features & opinion pieces
  • Weekly Industry/Genre specific newsletters - Choose multiple industries/genres
  • Access to 17 plus years of content archives
  • Set Stock price alerts for your portfolio and watch list and get them delivered to your e-mail box
  • End of day news alerts on 5 companies (via email)
  • NEW: Get seamless access to WSJ.com at a great price. No additional sign-up required.
 

Premium Services

In Partnership with

 

Dear Guest,

 

Welcome to the premium services of Business Standard brought to you courtesy FIS.
Kindly visit the Manage my subscription page to discover the benefits of this programme.

Enjoy Reading!
Team Business Standard