You are here: Home » PTI Stories » National » News
Business Standard

NDMC to set up new waste-to-energy plant in Bhalaswa soon

Press Trust of India  |  New Delhi 

North will soon get another waste-to-energy plant in Bhalaswa site that will ramp up the rate of processing of solid waste tremendously, the area's civic body said today.

In a press conference held at the Civic Centre here, North Mayor Sanjeev Nayyar said the project is under the Swachh Mission and the plant would be established with technical assistance from Austria.



"The plant would be able to process/incinerate the waste up to 94 per cent and remaining 6 per cent would be utilised in making bricks. Trial run for the same is being done and it would be made fully operational in November," he said.

He said there is also a plan to start a small-scale waste-processing plant.

Standing Committee Chairman of the North Municipal Corporation Pravesh Wahi, talking about sanitation issues, said, the NDMC would procure equipment for cleaning of city areas.

"This would include trucks, tippers, loaders and other allied equipment which would be utilised to lift the garbage which is not cleared by the private concessionaire."

This is to ensure complete sanitation in the areas under the NDMC to strengthen the Swachh Mission. For the purpose, an ambitious plan worth Rs 110 crore has been formulated.

Wahi also said that "payment of Rs 44 crore was made to contractors clearing pendency of bills".

On the issue building plans, Wahi said citizens need to get approval of the plan from the NDMC for construction on plots upto 500 sq m in authorised colonies. Earlier, this scheme was for plots measuring up to 105 sq m.

He said construction in such cases can begin by intimating the corporation with undertaking of owner/architect that the building plan is as per unified building bye laws.

Wahi said this decision has been taken to cut red-tapism, bureaucratic process and reduce the scope of corruption.

NDMC has also decided to renew the contract of 46 Auxiliary Nursing Midwife (ANM) and adjust them in its different health-related institutions, adding instructions have been issued to the commissioner to renew their contract.

(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)

RECOMMENDED FOR YOU

NDMC to set up new waste-to-energy plant in Bhalaswa soon

North Delhi will soon get another waste-to-energy plant in Bhalaswa site that will ramp up the rate of processing of solid waste tremendously, the area's civic body said today. In a press conference held at the Civic Centre here, North Delhi Mayor Sanjeev Nayyar said the project is under the Swachh Bharat Mission and the plant would be established with technical assistance from Austria. "The plant would be able to process/incinerate the waste up to 94 per cent and remaining 6 per cent would be utilised in making bricks. Trial run for the same is being done and it would be made fully operational in November," he said. He said there is also a plan to start a small-scale waste-processing plant. Standing Committee Chairman of the North Delhi Municipal Corporation Pravesh Wahi, talking about sanitation issues, said, the NDMC would procure equipment for cleaning of city areas. "This would include trucks, tippers, loaders and other allied equipment which would be utilised to lift the ... North will soon get another waste-to-energy plant in Bhalaswa site that will ramp up the rate of processing of solid waste tremendously, the area's civic body said today.

In a press conference held at the Civic Centre here, North Mayor Sanjeev Nayyar said the project is under the Swachh Mission and the plant would be established with technical assistance from Austria.

"The plant would be able to process/incinerate the waste up to 94 per cent and remaining 6 per cent would be utilised in making bricks. Trial run for the same is being done and it would be made fully operational in November," he said.

He said there is also a plan to start a small-scale waste-processing plant.

Standing Committee Chairman of the North Municipal Corporation Pravesh Wahi, talking about sanitation issues, said, the NDMC would procure equipment for cleaning of city areas.

"This would include trucks, tippers, loaders and other allied equipment which would be utilised to lift the garbage which is not cleared by the private concessionaire."

This is to ensure complete sanitation in the areas under the NDMC to strengthen the Swachh Mission. For the purpose, an ambitious plan worth Rs 110 crore has been formulated.

Wahi also said that "payment of Rs 44 crore was made to contractors clearing pendency of bills".

On the issue building plans, Wahi said citizens need to get approval of the plan from the NDMC for construction on plots upto 500 sq m in authorised colonies. Earlier, this scheme was for plots measuring up to 105 sq m.

He said construction in such cases can begin by intimating the corporation with undertaking of owner/architect that the building plan is as per unified building bye laws.

Wahi said this decision has been taken to cut red-tapism, bureaucratic process and reduce the scope of corruption.

NDMC has also decided to renew the contract of 46 Auxiliary Nursing Midwife (ANM) and adjust them in its different health-related institutions, adding instructions have been issued to the commissioner to renew their contract.

(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)

image
Business Standard
177 22

NDMC to set up new waste-to-energy plant in Bhalaswa soon

North will soon get another waste-to-energy plant in Bhalaswa site that will ramp up the rate of processing of solid waste tremendously, the area's civic body said today.

In a press conference held at the Civic Centre here, North Mayor Sanjeev Nayyar said the project is under the Swachh Mission and the plant would be established with technical assistance from Austria.

"The plant would be able to process/incinerate the waste up to 94 per cent and remaining 6 per cent would be utilised in making bricks. Trial run for the same is being done and it would be made fully operational in November," he said.

He said there is also a plan to start a small-scale waste-processing plant.

Standing Committee Chairman of the North Municipal Corporation Pravesh Wahi, talking about sanitation issues, said, the NDMC would procure equipment for cleaning of city areas.

"This would include trucks, tippers, loaders and other allied equipment which would be utilised to lift the garbage which is not cleared by the private concessionaire."

This is to ensure complete sanitation in the areas under the NDMC to strengthen the Swachh Mission. For the purpose, an ambitious plan worth Rs 110 crore has been formulated.

Wahi also said that "payment of Rs 44 crore was made to contractors clearing pendency of bills".

On the issue building plans, Wahi said citizens need to get approval of the plan from the NDMC for construction on plots upto 500 sq m in authorised colonies. Earlier, this scheme was for plots measuring up to 105 sq m.

He said construction in such cases can begin by intimating the corporation with undertaking of owner/architect that the building plan is as per unified building bye laws.

Wahi said this decision has been taken to cut red-tapism, bureaucratic process and reduce the scope of corruption.

NDMC has also decided to renew the contract of 46 Auxiliary Nursing Midwife (ANM) and adjust them in its different health-related institutions, adding instructions have been issued to the commissioner to renew their contract.

(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)

image
Business Standard
177 22

Upgrade To Premium Services

Welcome User

Business Standard is happy to inform you of the launch of "Business Standard Premium Services"

As a premium subscriber you get an across device unfettered access to a range of services which include:

  • Access Exclusive content - articles, features & opinion pieces
  • Weekly Industry/Genre specific newsletters - Choose multiple industries/genres
  • Access to 17 plus years of content archives
  • Set Stock price alerts for your portfolio and watch list and get them delivered to your e-mail box
  • End of day news alerts on 5 companies (via email)
  • NEW: Get seamless access to WSJ.com at a great price. No additional sign-up required.
 

Premium Services

In Partnership with

 

Dear Guest,

 

Welcome to the premium services of Business Standard brought to you courtesy FIS.
Kindly visit the Manage my subscription page to discover the benefits of this programme.

Enjoy Reading!
Team Business Standard