You are here: Home » PTI Stories » National » News
Business Standard

Nine members of a family sustain burn injuries in Motihari

Press Trust of India  |  Motihari 

Nine members of a family, including six women, today sustained burn injuries in a fire caused by gas leakage during cooking in Bihar's East Champaran district, police said. The incident, in which three women received serious burns, occurred at Jai Singhpur Rajpur Tola when an LPG stove on which a woman was cooking, caught fire due to leakage, police said. The seriously injured women are Maya Devi, Vinita Kumari and Rajni Kumari, he said and added that other members of the family sustained injuries while trying to save Maya Devi. Of nine persons, eight were admitted to a private nursing home in Motihari town but later all the eight persons were referred to Medical College and Hospital (PMCH), for better treatment while one person, who received minor injury, was released after administering first aid, Turkaulia Circle officer Jha said.

(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)

First Published: Mon, June 19 2017. 19:48 IST