You are here: Home » PTI Stories » National » News
Business Standard

Odisha announces health insurance for working journalists

Press Trust of India  |  Bhubaneswar 

The today announced Rs 2 lakh health for the working journalists across the state besides enhancing minimum advertisement rate for small and medium newspapers.

The announcement was made by information and public relations department B K Arukha at the state secretariat here.



All the scribes covered under the State Working Journalists' Health Scheme-2016 will pay 25 per cent premium for the of Rs 2 lakh per year, Arukha said adding that remaining 75 per cent of the premium will be borne by the state government.

Arukha, however, said the will deposit its share of premium after receipt of a certificate from the employer stating that the journalist concerned is an employee and his/her name is in the pay roll of the media organisation.

Replying to a question, the minister said the notification issued in this regard today will come into force on the date of publication in the Gazettee.

Arukha said the has also enhanced the minimum advertisement rate in approved newspapers/periodicals from Rs 4 per square centimeter to Rs 10 per sq cm from November 10.

(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)

RECOMMENDED FOR YOU

Odisha announces health insurance for working journalists

The Odisha government today announced Rs 2 lakh health insurance for the working journalists across the state besides enhancing minimum advertisement rate for small and medium newspapers. The announcement was made by information and public relations department B K Arukha at the state secretariat here. All the scribes covered under the Odisha State Working Journalists' Health Insurance Scheme-2016 will pay 25 per cent premium for the insurance of Rs 2 lakh per year, Arukha said adding that remaining 75 per cent of the premium will be borne by the state government. Arukha, however, said the government will deposit its share of premium after receipt of a certificate from the employer stating that the journalist concerned is an employee and his/her name is in the pay roll of the media organisation. Replying to a question, the minister said the notification issued in this regard today will come into force on the date of publication in the Odisha Gazettee. Arukha said the government ... The today announced Rs 2 lakh health for the working journalists across the state besides enhancing minimum advertisement rate for small and medium newspapers.

The announcement was made by information and public relations department B K Arukha at the state secretariat here.

All the scribes covered under the State Working Journalists' Health Scheme-2016 will pay 25 per cent premium for the of Rs 2 lakh per year, Arukha said adding that remaining 75 per cent of the premium will be borne by the state government.

Arukha, however, said the will deposit its share of premium after receipt of a certificate from the employer stating that the journalist concerned is an employee and his/her name is in the pay roll of the media organisation.

Replying to a question, the minister said the notification issued in this regard today will come into force on the date of publication in the Gazettee.

Arukha said the has also enhanced the minimum advertisement rate in approved newspapers/periodicals from Rs 4 per square centimeter to Rs 10 per sq cm from November 10.

(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)

image
Business Standard
177 22

Odisha announces health insurance for working journalists

The today announced Rs 2 lakh health for the working journalists across the state besides enhancing minimum advertisement rate for small and medium newspapers.

The announcement was made by information and public relations department B K Arukha at the state secretariat here.

All the scribes covered under the State Working Journalists' Health Scheme-2016 will pay 25 per cent premium for the of Rs 2 lakh per year, Arukha said adding that remaining 75 per cent of the premium will be borne by the state government.

Arukha, however, said the will deposit its share of premium after receipt of a certificate from the employer stating that the journalist concerned is an employee and his/her name is in the pay roll of the media organisation.

Replying to a question, the minister said the notification issued in this regard today will come into force on the date of publication in the Gazettee.

Arukha said the has also enhanced the minimum advertisement rate in approved newspapers/periodicals from Rs 4 per square centimeter to Rs 10 per sq cm from November 10.

(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)

image
Business Standard
177 22

Upgrade To Premium Services

Welcome User

Business Standard is happy to inform you of the launch of "Business Standard Premium Services"

As a premium subscriber you get an across device unfettered access to a range of services which include:

  • Access Exclusive content - articles, features & opinion pieces
  • Weekly Industry/Genre specific newsletters - Choose multiple industries/genres
  • Access to 17 plus years of content archives
  • Set Stock price alerts for your portfolio and watch list and get them delivered to your e-mail box
  • End of day news alerts on 5 companies (via email)
  • NEW: Get seamless access to WSJ.com at a great price. No additional sign-up required.
 

Premium Services

In Partnership with

 

Dear Guest,

 

Welcome to the premium services of Business Standard brought to you courtesy FIS.
Kindly visit the Manage my subscription page to discover the benefits of this programme.

Enjoy Reading!
Team Business Standard