You are here: Home » PTI Stories » National » News
Business Standard

Oliver Stone clarifies his comments on Weinstein

Press Trust of India  |  Los Angeles 

In an about-turn, Oliver Stone has changed his stance on movie mogul Harvey Weinstein, who is facing allegations of sexual harassment by multiple women.

In his previous comments, Stone suggested he was withholding his judgement on the disgraced Hollywood producer, reported Entertainment Weekly.


During a press conference at the Busan film festival, Stone was asked about Weinstein.

The director said he was reserving judgement and added, "It's not easy what he's going through, either."

Stone later posted a message on Facebook, saying he had been travelling so he was not aware of the extent of the allegations surrounding Weinstein.

"I've been travelling for the last couple of days and wasn't aware of all the women who came out to support the original story in the New York Times.

After looking at what has been reported in many publications over the last couple of days, Im appalled and commend the courage of the women whove stepped forward to report sexual abuse or rape," Stone wrote.

The director, who partnered with Weinstein Television in May for production of "Guantanamo" said he would recuse himself from the series "as long as the Weinstein Company is involved".

(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)

First Published: Fri, October 13 2017. 19:42 IST
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU