You are here: Home » PTI Stories » National » News
Business Standard

One injured as tent catches fire at Gangasagar

Press Trust of India  |  Sagar Islands (WB) 

One pilgrim was injured when a tent caught fire at Gangasagar where over nine lakh people took a holy dip on the occasion of Makar Sankranti today.

Superintendent of Police of South 24 Parganas district, Sunil Chowdhury, said the man, a relative of policeman on duty, was injured as his hands were burnt in the fire.

He was admitted to a hospital here.

Four fire tenders controlled the fire in half an hour, he said, adding everything kept inside the tent, which was located beside the police control room, was destroyed.

The reason behind the fire was yet to be ascertained.

(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)

First Published: Sat, January 14 2017. 18:42 IST