Prepaid mobile telephony services, which were snapped across Kashmir in July in the aftermath of the unrest following killing of Hizbul Mujahideen commander Burhan Wani, would be restored tonight following improvement in the situation in the Valley, police said.
"With the improvement in the situation, prepaid mobile services are being restored from tonight," a police spokesman said here.
Prepaid mobile telephony services were snapped across Kashmir on July 15 -- a week after Wani was killed in an encounter with security forces in south Kashmir.
Wani's death triggered unrest in the Valley which has so far claimed 84 lives and left several thousands injured.
The authorities snapped the prepaid mobile telephony services in the Valley as part of the effort to curb rumour mongering.
While the incoming call facility on the prepaid numbers was restored on July 27, outgoing calls on such numbers remained barred.
Mobile internet also continues to remain suspended in the entire Valley and there is no word yet on the restoration of such services.
(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)