A special court today directed the Anti-Corruption Branch to file a report regarding threats received by a man who has filed a complaint accusing Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal and others for alleged irregularities in the grant of contracts for roads and sewer lines.
Special Judge Poonam Chaudhry asked the ACB's additional commissioner of police to verify and report regarding the threats allegedly given to the complainant.
"Report be filed on the next date of hearing on July 31. SHO of ACB be also called on that day," the court said.
The case was transferred from the court of a magistrate to the special judge by the order of district judge as cases pertaining to the ACB and under the Prevention of Corruption Act are tried by special courts.
ACB had registered three FIRs on its own on May 8 regarding alleged irregularities in granting the contracts.
During the hearing, senior advocate Ajay Burman, who appeared for Rahul Sharma, submitted that the complainant, a Deklhi'ite, has been receiving threats from many quarters.
The counsel said it was brought to court's notice earlier also and the magistrate had called for a report from DCP of north east Delhi which has not been placed on record.
ACB had filed a report before the magistrate that the Gautam Budh Nagar police has informed that there was no threat to Sharma's life.
The court was hearing a complaint filed by Sharma, founder of Roads Anti-Corruption Organisation (RACO), seeking a direction to the police to lodge an FIR against Kejriwal, his brother-in-law Surender Bansal, proprietor of a construction firm and a public servant for alleged irregularities in the grant of contracts for roads and sewer lines in Delhi. Bansal died in May this year.
The magisterial court had earlier directed the ACB to assess the threat perception regarding Sharma again after he submitted that on May 30 two unidentified motorcycle-borne persons fired gun shots at him when he was travelling in his car along with a cousin.
In his complaint, Sharma has alleged "deep-rooted corruption" in the road and sewer line projects, claiming that documents showing purchase of material were "concocted and forged" and a loss of over Rs 10 crore had been caused to the public exchequer.
(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)