: An inspector attached to an all-woman police station at Keezhakarai near here, was hospitalised today after consuming a mosquito vapouriser liquid after she was reprimanded by a superior.
The inspector, Santhakumari, was pulled up by the DSP Balaji during a review meeting at the police station for not completing an assignment. She was upset at being chided and later consumed the vapouriser liquid, police said.
A few colleagues, who found Santhakumari lying unconscious rushed her to the government hospital nearby. After being administered first aid, she was admitted to a private hospital, police said and added that her condition was stable.
An enquiry would be conducted into the incident by higher officials, police said.
(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)