You are here: Home » PTI Stories » National » News
Business Standard

SBI to divest 5% stake in SBI Life to non-promoter entity

Press Trust of India  |  Mumbai 

India's largest bank today said it will offload up to 5 per cent stake in its life joint venture - Life - to a non-promoter entity.

Life is a joint venture between and BNP Paribas Cardif. owns 74 per cent of the total capital and BNP Paribas Cardif the remaining 26 per cent. Life has an authorised capital of Rs 2,000 crore and a paid-up capital of Rs 1,000 crore.



informed that its executive committee of the central board (ECCB) at its meeting held today has approved the divestment of stake.

"Pursuant to the applicable provisions of the LODR regulations, we advise that the executive committee of the central board (ECCB) at its meeting held on October 14, 2016 has approved to dilute up to 5 per cent stake of in Life to a non-promoter entity," the filing said.

As per Life's 2015-16 annual report, the company collected a total gross written premium (GWP) of Rs 15,825 crore, comprising Rs 7,107 crore new business premium and Rs 8,719 crore renewal premium.

It retained a private market share of 17.3 per cent and a total market share of 5.1 per cent for 2015-16.

BNP Paribas Cardif is the life, property and casualty arm of BNP Paribas.

SBI's shares closed at Rs 251.9 apiece on BSE, up 0.88 per cent from yesterday.

(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)

RECOMMENDED FOR YOU

SBI to divest 5% stake in SBI Life to non-promoter entity

India's largest bank SBI today said it will offload up to 5 per cent stake in its life insurance joint venture - SBI Life Insurance - to a non-promoter entity. SBI Life Insurance is a joint venture between State Bank of India and BNP Paribas Cardif. SBI owns 74 per cent of the total capital and BNP Paribas Cardif the remaining 26 per cent. SBI Life has an authorised capital of Rs 2,000 crore and a paid-up capital of Rs 1,000 crore. SBI informed BSE that its executive committee of the central board (ECCB) at its meeting held today has approved the divestment of stake. "Pursuant to the applicable provisions of the LODR regulations, we advise that the executive committee of the central board (ECCB) at its meeting held on October 14, 2016 has approved to dilute up to 5 per cent stake of SBI in SBI Life to a non-promoter entity," the BSE filing said. As per SBI Life's 2015-16 annual report, the company collected a total gross written premium (GWP) of Rs 15,825 crore, ... India's largest bank today said it will offload up to 5 per cent stake in its life joint venture - Life - to a non-promoter entity.

Life is a joint venture between and BNP Paribas Cardif. owns 74 per cent of the total capital and BNP Paribas Cardif the remaining 26 per cent. Life has an authorised capital of Rs 2,000 crore and a paid-up capital of Rs 1,000 crore.

informed that its executive committee of the central board (ECCB) at its meeting held today has approved the divestment of stake.

"Pursuant to the applicable provisions of the LODR regulations, we advise that the executive committee of the central board (ECCB) at its meeting held on October 14, 2016 has approved to dilute up to 5 per cent stake of in Life to a non-promoter entity," the filing said.

As per Life's 2015-16 annual report, the company collected a total gross written premium (GWP) of Rs 15,825 crore, comprising Rs 7,107 crore new business premium and Rs 8,719 crore renewal premium.

It retained a private market share of 17.3 per cent and a total market share of 5.1 per cent for 2015-16.

BNP Paribas Cardif is the life, property and casualty arm of BNP Paribas.

SBI's shares closed at Rs 251.9 apiece on BSE, up 0.88 per cent from yesterday.

(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)

image
Business Standard
177 22

SBI to divest 5% stake in SBI Life to non-promoter entity

India's largest bank today said it will offload up to 5 per cent stake in its life joint venture - Life - to a non-promoter entity.

Life is a joint venture between and BNP Paribas Cardif. owns 74 per cent of the total capital and BNP Paribas Cardif the remaining 26 per cent. Life has an authorised capital of Rs 2,000 crore and a paid-up capital of Rs 1,000 crore.

informed that its executive committee of the central board (ECCB) at its meeting held today has approved the divestment of stake.

"Pursuant to the applicable provisions of the LODR regulations, we advise that the executive committee of the central board (ECCB) at its meeting held on October 14, 2016 has approved to dilute up to 5 per cent stake of in Life to a non-promoter entity," the filing said.

As per Life's 2015-16 annual report, the company collected a total gross written premium (GWP) of Rs 15,825 crore, comprising Rs 7,107 crore new business premium and Rs 8,719 crore renewal premium.

It retained a private market share of 17.3 per cent and a total market share of 5.1 per cent for 2015-16.

BNP Paribas Cardif is the life, property and casualty arm of BNP Paribas.

SBI's shares closed at Rs 251.9 apiece on BSE, up 0.88 per cent from yesterday.

(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)

image
Business Standard
177 22

Upgrade To Premium Services

Welcome User

Business Standard is happy to inform you of the launch of "Business Standard Premium Services"

As a premium subscriber you get an across device unfettered access to a range of services which include:

  • Access Exclusive content - articles, features & opinion pieces
  • Weekly Industry/Genre specific newsletters - Choose multiple industries/genres
  • Access to 17 plus years of content archives
  • Set Stock price alerts for your portfolio and watch list and get them delivered to your e-mail box
  • End of day news alerts on 5 companies (via email)
  • NEW: Get seamless access to WSJ.com at a great price. No additional sign-up required.
 

Premium Services

In Partnership with

 

Dear Guest,

 

Welcome to the premium services of Business Standard brought to you courtesy FIS.
Kindly visit the Manage my subscription page to discover the benefits of this programme.

Enjoy Reading!
Team Business Standard