Two children, aged five and six years, were electrocuted and seven others injured in Saran district today after their school bus came in contact with a high voltage live wire, an official said.
The incident happened near Bengali Patti village under the jurisdiction of Sahajitpur police station when the children were returning home after school hours, the official said.
The school bus came in contact with an 11,000 volt cable that had snapped and was dangling from a pole, the Sub Divisional Officer (Sadar), Chet Narain Rai, said.
While six-year-old Aditi Kumari and five-year-old Raunak Kumar were killed on the spot, Rai said.
At least six other children and the driver of the bus received severe burn injuries, he said.
While the bodies have been sent for post-mortem examination, the injured were admitted to a hospital, Rai added.
(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)