You are here: Home » PTI Stories » National » News
Business Standard

South Indian actress attack case: Trial begins

Press Trust of India  |  Kochi 

Trial in the case of the alleged attack on a noted South Indian in February last year began at a sessions here today.

is the eighth accused in the case of alleged sexual assault on the by a gang of men in a moving car here.

Ten of the accused, including prime accused 'Pulsar' Suni and Dileep, were present in the

There are 12 accused in the case.

Besides the prosecution, the was represented by city-based criminal P G Manu.

The actress, through her counsel, moved a plea, seeking to set up a special presided by a for hearing the case.

She also sought speedy disposal of the case through in-camera proceedings.

Meanwhile, the court said that all the evidence, barring copies of visuals of the alleged sexual assault committed on the actress by the gang, can be provided to the defence.

The case has been posted for March 28.

had last week moved a petition in the high court, seeking a copy of digital evidence of the alleged attack on the actress.

In his plea, the said he was denied the rights of a defendant by a trial court in Angamaly.

Last month, the dismissed a plea by Dileep, seeking copies of visuals of the alleged sexual assault.

The magistrate court had accepted the argument of the prosecution that the clippings could be misused by Dileep, affecting the privacy of the actress.

secured bail nearly three months after his arrest on July 10 last year.

Pulsar Suni is in jail since his arrest early last year.

The actress, who has worked in Tamil and Telugu films, was abducted and allegedly molested inside her car for two hours by Suni and his accomplices, who had forced their way into the vehicle on the night of February 17 last year and later escaped.

(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)

First Published: Wed, March 14 2018. 17:50 IST
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU