You are here: Home » PTI Stories » National » News
Business Standard

Three Gujarat labourers die after inhaling toxic gas in well

Press Trust of India  |  Rajkot 

Three labourers, including two brothers, today died after apparently inhaling poisonous gas inside a well, police said.

The incident took place in Maliya town of the adjoining Morbi district, police said.


Ramji Thakor (27), his younger brother Anil (21) and another labourer Vaghji Khambhadiya died after inhaling poisonous gas, police said.

"The three entered into a well located in a farm to fetch water through water pump, but they suddenly fainted," a senior police official said.

"The three were taken out from the well and rushed to a nearby hospital where they were declared dead", he added.

"Their bodies have been sent for a post-mortem and further investigation is on," said police.

(This story has not been edited by Business Standard staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)

First Published: Fri, November 10 2017. 22:13 IST
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU